In December 2014 I had a car accident on my way to work. I was driving on a duel carriageway that I used everyday but I don’t remember anything about it. Since I have learned that a Buzzard swooped down and smashed the windscreen of a small truck that was travelling behind me. As I was approaching queuing traffic I had started to slow down but the driver of the truck didn’t see that as he was struggling with his smashed windscreen.
He hit the back of the company Smart car I was driving and pushed me into the central reservation. As a result the road was closed for hours and I was air lifted to the Royal London Hospital.
I spoke in a strange high pitched voice and found I struggled to find words. Apparently every day I was asked to remember 4 words: red, velvet, horse, church for a few minutes. But never once did I recall them all. I was in hospital for 10 days. However never within that time was I told I had a brain injury or what I should expect.
Therefore I feel that if I can help someone by making sure they have better access to information than I did. If talking about my experience achieves this, then I will have gone through it all for a reason.
This is my story…Please follow me and I can send you more ideas of what can help recovery. I’ll let you know what has worked for me and what I’m going to try next.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Pages to visit next:
- Patient images – Pictures of me in hospital, and when I first arrived home.
- Going home – Why I went home in just 10 days, but shouldn’t have.
- Updates – My latest blog posts.
- Support carers – How it’s not just the survivor who’s life has turned upside down.
- Other blogs to watch – links to guest blogs I have written on others sites.
- Contact – All the ways you can get in touch with me.