He hit the back of the company Smart car I was driving and pushed me into the central reservation. As a result the road was closed for hours and I was air lifted to the Royal London Hospital.
I spoke in a strange high pitched voice and found I struggled to find words. Apparently every day I was asked to remember 4 words: red, velvet, horse, church for a few minutes. But never once did I recall them all. I was in hospital for 10 days. However never within that time was I told I had a brain injury or what I should expect.
Therefore I feel that if I can help someone by making sure they have better access to information than I did. If talking about my experience achieves this, then I will have gone through it all for a reason.
This is my story…Please follow me and I can send you more ideas of what can help recovery. I’ll let you know what has worked for me and what I’m going to try next.
Pages to visit next:
- Patient images – Pictures of me in hospital, and when I first arrived home.
- Going home – Why I went home in just 10 days, but shouldn’t have.
- Updates – My latest blog posts.
- Support carers – How it’s not just the survivor who’s life has turned upside down.
- Other blogs to watch – links to guest blogs I have written on others sites.
- Contact – All the ways you can get in touch with me.